Friday, September 2, 2011

Sleeping in 'til 9

Ah, fall is here! It's getting cooler than normal and I find myself wearing long pants and even thinking about putting on a hoodie! I love fall. It's crisp and cool, like dusk; light slowly fading to welcome a long, dark winter then, eventually, you will awaken to a hushed, dewy spring that will be laid out to dry in the heat of summer. You know, that was pretty poetic, I think I'll put it in a book. NOBODY STEAL IT!!! If you did, heh, the time stamp on my blog would prove I wrote it first so you wouldn't be able to get away with it. Then I'd be able to sue you for millions and wouldn't have to continue to think of ways to scrape together a living!
Alright, I'm not trying to scrape together a living. The Lord is my provider and for that I am eternally grateful.
Today it's actually warming up to a nice, warm 80 degrees. I slept in 'til 9 o'clock! 9! I couldn't believe it. But, last night, I'd prepared myself for the possibility. It was midnight before I got to bed. I had been up cleaning the kitchen counters and decided I wouldn't go for a run in the morning and would allow myself to sleep in as long as I needed. Besides this morning, though, I'd been good about waking up around 7. I love it! I love waking up "early" in the morning! I am definitely a morning person at heart.

I went for a lame walk yesterday, I think my body just wasn't up for it. I had just gone on a 12 mile bike ride the day before and the past week I had been doing good on my running. So you'd think I'd cut myself some slack and be alright with a walk! Today I decided to not do a stitch of exercise, let my body rest a full day, then I can jump back into it. My bike ride went well, I met up with a friend in town and we biked together then went to her house and baked cookies. I then started home on my own. That's when it got cold and then started to pour rain. It was miserable. I called my brother but he said he was busy. Then I called my dad, but he was in town at a Mexican restaurant! Ah! So I called my brother again but he wasn't happy about the idea of driving two miles to pick me up. So I hung up and called Buddy to lament my poor misfortune while riding in the cold. And then! I saw a white truck down the road -- my brother! Hurrah! He came after all, I was so glad.

So, finally, Buddy and I got together and laid out a timeline for the interlude in our book. That's what it's called, isn't it pretty? I'm stoked, I'll be doing a little re-arranging and writing later on and a little tomorrow, I hope. I will be flying down to San Diego to pick up my cousin, on Sunday, my brother and I are going to drive her up here to live with us while her husband is in Afghanistan. But I'll be able to resume my writing when I get back! At the end of the month my friend, Justin, is coming to visit! Pretty excited about that. But, if anyone is wondering, Justin = Just. Friend. I know last year some people were wondering about us. Well, there's nothing to wonder. We're just two pals who enjoy hanging out together. So, just so everyone's clear... Justin = what? Yes, Just Friend. That should put to rest anyone's nagging questions in the back of their minds.

I'm happy with my singleness right now, and very happy with my life, too. I don't need a guy to make me feel fulfilled because I've got God. Sometimes it's hard but, as time goes on, there's a point you reach where you realize you can be happy and that marriage doesn't make everything better. It's certainly lovely, and I do look forward to that time in my life, but the Bible says that godliness with contentment is great gain. Who wouldn't want to be content? When you're discontent you're unhappy. I'm glad that God helped me reach this place in my life. It was a long struggle, but I'm finally here. The trick is to not become a bachelorette! haha! An old spinster woman set in her ways, nooo, I'll be careful about that.

Speaking of friends, I've recently become acquainted with a new person! His name is Wilson, and he's become a quick buddy. I love how God's kingdom works, when you're in the truth you have that in common with everyone (in the kingdom), so there's your first common ground. And what better ground to have than Christ? Besides having that in common, though, I've realized Wilson's a bit of a kindred spirit. I've had a few friends in my teenager/young adult years that were mutual friends with Buddy. Alas, they are friends no more. Beliefs pulled us apart. One of them became agnostic and the other is a gay atheist. They both deleted me from Facebook at the same time, I remember that night well, because I cried. It's what happens when you're standing on the ground of Christ and no one wants to stand next to you. It left a small little hole in my heart, I missed our MSN chats and inside jokes, I missed my friends. But the Lord restores. He's sent me wonderful friends in the packaging of BFF, Wilson, Justin, and some others (you know who you are!). They have the strong foundation of Christ, they're not going anywhere. These friendships I truly cherish and thank God for.

By the way, I must mention that my mother took me and the three youngest boys shopping for shoes yesterday! Payless was having a bogo half off sale. I found the awesomest boots! I've been dying for some nice fashionable fall boots for a while but have never found a good pair. I slipped these ones on and, oh my, they were so comfortable. They didn't feel like your average achey high-heeled boots. They were sweet! And also $40.00. My mother was kind and bought them for me. Payless was lame and didn't take half off of that pair, but a cheaper one. I gave my mom 20 dollars to make up for it, lol. The money was well worth it, though, the boots are comfy and stylish and I can see myself wearing them often.

I'm really wanting to go preaching again, and I really should. I just need to find a good time to go. If nothing else, at least I will go when Justin is here. We've made plans to do so! When BFF is here for my birthday I'm thinking we might go somewhere and preach as well! The World needs to hear the gospel of Christ, and how are they going to hear if we're not out there telling it to them? If you believe in something strongly enough, you want to share it. Don't you? So get out there and share it!
That's all for now, folks!

2 comments:

  1. i want to meet justin buddy. he's pretty funny online, i imagine no different in person.

    i'm happy you're content. i wish i could be. i'm always thinking about the future, planning, worrying.

    yay for new friends! i've had to let go of some friends in the past and it sure stings, straight to the heart. it's wonderful when new awesome people come into your life.

    congrats on your boots! :) i have to get me some to wear up there so i don't have to borrow teresa's wellies anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I love fall. It's crisp and cool, like dusk; light slowly fading to welcome a long, dark winter then, eventually, you will awaken to a hushed, dewy spring that will be laid out to dry in the heat of summer. "

    that WAS poetic! something anne shirley might write. :)

    good for you, sleeping in! i finally have myself on an 'early to bed, early to rise' schedule so sleeping in is a thing of the past for me!

    i'm glad you've been running and that you didn't catch your death of cold riding in the rain.

    i hope your drive is going (went?) smoothly and i was thankful i got to see you for a few minutes. i bet lily loves her auntie! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Say something so I know you've been here! :)