Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The Great Cousin Migration of 2011

Hello my lovely people! Boy, did I miss blogging!
BFF scoffed when I told her that, I suppose she thinks I ought to have missed people more than blogging. But when I'm writing I feel as though I'm talking to all my (billions of) readers! So, there!
I flew down to San Diego on Sunday with my brother to drive my cousin and her daughter up here to live with us. Of course you can't know where here is. That's a mystery that may or may not ever be revealed.
But I'll tell you about the trip! We took the I15 and, for most of the trip (and all of the first day of driving) it was cloudy and humid and warm. Yuck. (If any of you are wondering if I'm happy to be back to my 72 degree abode, the answer is: YES). The drive through California and Nevada was boring, dry and left one feeling as though they were driving through desolation itself. Kind of like Tatooine, but not as awesome, and less Krayt dragons...Then we reached Las Vegas. If I could sum that place up in one word it would be... YUCK. Alright, I'm sure there could be something nice about it, and I did just drive through, I didn't stop, but I don't think I'd want to stop. Not only is it full of gamblers, smokers and drinkers, but the billboards were what got me, signs for peepshows and all sorts of lasciviousness. It disgusted me. Las Vegas would be a good place to go preaching. As was San Diego. Lot's of people living only for themselves there (minus all my family and friends, of course ;)). I was glad to get out of Las Vegas. Towards the end of the trip I called Buddy BFF to read a book we were going through together: A Hopeful Heart by Kim Vogel Sawyer. We read each other books over the phone often (when we're not reading our own, lol). Jeff wanted to hear so we called her on his phone which had a little headphones plug and plugged the phone into the radio adapter and, viola! We had our own, live audio book! It was probably the best part of the whole trip.
We reached a town right before Salt Lake and stayed the night. I went to the weight room and did a little bicycle workout for a few minutes just to get a little bit of a workout in! I was so glad I did, too.

The next morning we woke up at 6 (which was really 5 PST) and got a move on a little past 7 (again, 6 my time). Getting out of Utah was great. Getting into Idaho was better. Getting into Montana was splendid! Jeff said to me, "no wonder they call it the big sky country." And it's true! The mountains stretch out and frame the sky. They're so large but don't dominate. They weren't like far-away mountains that were low to the ground, they were right there, large, but mellow! It's so hard to describe, but hopefully you get a sort of idea. That part of Montana was awesome, other parts, not so much. At one point Justin had to call me to make sure I wasn't going the wrong way. I had texted him a city that we were nearing (but not going through) and he was concerned I was headed in the opposite direction! Good ol' buddy, watchin' out for his fellow pals. We were coming to the end of the trip and, now you've guessed it, we live in the great northwest! But what part? You will never know. Getting home was the bestest bestest feeling in the entire world. I don't like being away from home (unless I'm spending time with BFF) so whenever I get back it's always a relief. My sister once said, "what are you going to do when you get married?" Two answers. 1: My husband will be my home :) (she laughed at that..) and, 2: as long as I live in this general area, I will be happy. Though I know God could send me anywhere He please, I do prefer to stay here. But I will go where He sends me.

At present our living room is full of my cousin's stuff, haha, it's crazy, but we'll be putting it all away soon. One step at a time. In the meantime I will be trying to run and workout as often as possible. I wasn't planning on running this morning because it was so sunny, but it's so cool and breezy that I just might have to go anyways. If nothing else, I will be going for one later today.
2 1/2 weeks until Justin Buddy arrives! Looking forward to that. Anyway, I will have more eventful things to post, but for now I'm just going to try to get back into the swing of things. A fresh list of chores have been posted and there's work to be done!

1 comment:

I love comments! Say something so I know you've been here! :)