Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I Need a Vacation.

Well, a week later and Tina's stuff is all put away! She managed to transform my brother's death star black-and-gray room into a black and pink girl's abode. So now our rooms which stand across from each other, guard the hallway with purple and pink. You know what else? We've got nike shoes to match! haha.
We went on a little hike to a lake that's near where we live, we went up and over the mountain rather than around, yyyeah, not my best ideas. I went running over the mountain before and it didn't seem so covered in brush as this time. How was I supposed to know?
We went to the river last week as well as roller blading. Just yesterday we climbed a hill near the lake with Tina's dad and step-mom. So I've been getting gradual exercise, not crazy stuff though. We're hoping to get P90X, it's a crazy awesome workout that kicks your rear into gear over the course of three months. That will be good for the wintertime because I won't have anywhere to run!
Now that the weather is getting cooler I will have no excuse to not run every waking minute!

Something tells me I need a vacation, though, I feel short-fused and wide-stretched. I made one of the biggest blunders at work the other day, I felt like crawling into a hole and giving up on life completely. I sent a dealer order to the wrong dealer! Oi!! Dad wasn't upset but I could tell Nick was. He gave me the evil eye.
Since Tina's here she's going to start taking care of grandma, that's a nice load-off. Maybe I will take a vacation. Naw, I've already used up my vacation days this year! Oh well, better luck next year.

In the meantime, I'm thinking about going preaching this weekend, if Nick will go with me. (There's always that hitch). BFF teaches Bible study and she's starting on a new topic this week (Faith) so I decided I must as well refresh my mind on that subject while I'm at it, this was we can discuss it as we go.
I get my study courses from faithtech.org. Check them out. They're awesome people who are in love with God and enjoy teaching the truth. BFF teaches out of Faith Tech as well.
Sadly, our book is at a stand-still. For so long we knew what we wanted and now we've reached a void in our book that we didn't plan for, a part where things have to happen but we'd never talked about how, so we don't have any ready material to fill its pages! The progress is snail-paced. But we'll get through it. We always do. We didn't come this far (26 1/2 Chapters plus a prologue and interlude) to give up now!!

So the other day Nick asks what's for dinner. I asked him what does he want? Well, we have a ton of pork (yes, we eat swine flesh! lol) and he always--ALWAYS--wants fried rice. I'm rather sick of fried rice so I suggested pork tacos and then he said "shredded pork, mm" So I stuck them, straight from the freezer, into a large pot with three cans of diced tomatoes, one can stewed tomatoes, some chicken base, some water, some sherry, a whole onion and a lot of seasonings (including, but not limited to, hot sauce, paprika and cayenne.) And just let it stew...for five hours. Then I pulled it all apart, discarded the tomato goo (mostly because it was burnt on the bottom--but the pork didn't get burned!) And then put it back in the pot with some extra seasonings, lemon, chicken broth and hot sauce. The result was to die for. It was super juicy, super tasty, full of flavor. Is your mouth watering yet? In short, I was very pleased with the end result.

Today and tomorrow are my do-as-little-as-possible days. Since I was kind of going crazy all last week, these next two days must be dedicated to at least a little bit of writing! I still have my regular, daily, tasks...But I'll do those in a jiffy. I need to stretch my creative mind and warm it up so that it can start flowing genius! Buddy wrote a pretty good scene the other day. Anyways, I suppose you are probably tired of hearing about our book!

You know there was a moose in our forest the other day (yes, we own a small forest). He was huge!! And cute! Then my brother scared him away with his loud rendition of Hey Jude. I also ran across a whole flock of wild turkeys while on my run last week! I was afraid they might attack, but they didn't. Thank God.
I had many more in-depth thoughts but, sadly, I've taken too long to blog so I've forgotten a lot of them! I shall try to be more diligent to get my thoughts to you fresh and hot out of the oven. Until then, God bless.

2 comments:

I love comments! Say something so I know you've been here! :)