Thursday, September 15, 2011

Strofan Hood

So you know how I was going to start the Faith series all over again? Well you probably didn't know it was going to be all over again. I had done it once before but wanted to go over it again since BFF was going to teach it. Alas. I get everything set up and realize: I don't own the Faith series.. My sister does.. who lives one state and seven hours away...
Let me add a few more periods just to emphasize my reaction to this fact
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 
So I guess I'm just going to have to FINISH the Word series. Yes, you heard me, finish it. I haven't even finished it. Slap me, I'm guilty! See, I started it with my sister and her husband. Then we stopped for a while because it was hard to study when her newborn kept waking up.
Then we picked up again, then we stopped again. Then I continued on my own, then I stopped. Then I forgot where I was! So I rewinded! Now I'll just find a place that seems familiar and muscle through it. I'm really tired of having it unfinished. Darnet, I'm going to finish it!

I've been pretty excited about our book, so excited, in fact, that I constantly bug BFF if she's written anything. The problem is this: BFF doesn't have as much time on her hands as I do. She has an outside job and her family is always wanting her to spend time with them. Whereas I don't have an outside job and my family are fine if they don't see me weeks on end. Hey, I'm sure they still love me, lots of love!
So BFF doesn't have as much time to write, therefore a small misunderstanding occurred. Thankfully, though, we talked through it and got it all worked out. That's what I love about our friendship, we're always able to talk things through and work things out!

That's how all relationships should be. Set aside your pride, be honest, humble and forgiving. Most arguments spring from misunderstandings or assumptions (sometimes both) and are almost always accompanied by (wait for it) PRIDE.
If you find yourself in an argument, step outside of your brain for a moment and ask, "who's wrong in this situation?" If it's yourself then admit it! Right away! If it's the other party, then, do not allow your pride to take control and point out the fault right away. Being calm and rational gets you miles further than proudly making your point--or, almost worse, getting angry and yelling (I'm guilty of yelling, a big yeller. Old yeller. But I've learned to control such bellowing. ...mostly.) Most of the time it's just best to hold your tongue unless spoken to or the wise voice inside of your head speaks, with much wisdom, and wisely tells you to speak in a non-wise-cracking way. The key is to be wise about it. Did I get that point across?

So my brothers stole P90X from my other brother and now we have everything to work-out! Tina and I will be starting it on Monday. It may be hard to continue after a full week considering my sister and her family will be here, AND Justin buddy. But I'm sure we'll be able to find an hour every day to work out. I'm super excited about it! You see results within a week or two, it's super awesome. Speaking of not running, it's started to cool down and I can run more! But, for some reason, I'm lacking the motivation. Justin would say, "run, buddy, run!" BFF would say, "do not forsake your first love!" My sister (oldest one) would say, "you'll feel better if you do." So, you see, I have all those voices in my head, urging me to run! Alas, the devilish side of me says, "you can write instead of run, and that's far more fun."
Who knew the devilish side of my could rhyme?

My wallet is only about two or three years old...okay, not "only" I suppose that's old enough. My point is, it was starting to fall apart. I asked my mom if she could fix it but, sadly, the last rip was fatal, it could not be mended. Bogus. I figured I would just have to get a new one, eventually. That's how most things that involve money are with me: EVENTUALLY. Let's highlight that. There, that's good.
Anyway, my mom surprised me by buying me a new one that looked almost exactly like my old one! I was so surprised and moved by her generosity! It was so sweet of her and made me feel thought-of and loved. =) My mother is lovely. Of course I don't show how I feel when I'm complaining about having to cook steak stroganoff, Mom's most favorite meal. She could eat it every day of the week, I think, and still not get sick of it. But I could <_<  I had to google how to spell stroganoff. But when I typed it in my fingers decided to become their own masters and ended up typing: strofanhod. That reminds me of Strofan Hood. The Robin Hood of dinner time! Strofan Hood robs from the rich in fats to give to the poor in diet! Okay, lame joke, I admit. But, still, Strofan Hood, it sounds hilariously epic. I should make videos of Strofan Hood that will blow The Annoying Orange out of the water, paste them all over Youtube, have people subscribe, make millions off of advertising and then retire comfortably in ______________. Yeah, you're not allowed to know where. The funny part is, that's a random blank space, I didn't count out how many characters were in my secret retirement location. The funnier part is, I don't even know where that would be!

ANYWAYS. I have got to go study this Bible study before making DINNER (Sir Strofan Hood will be showing up, I guarantee) so, for now, ciao!

1 comment:

  1. Love you, pal! You're right, our friendship rocks, and I'm so glad we can always work things out. It's good to have God in the center of all things! Even if you are an old yeller... (that cracked me up, btw).

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Say something so I know you've been here! :)