Saturday, September 24, 2011

Why am I awake??

Why am I awake at this time? Who's to say--except for me. And the answer is: So many cool little things happened today, I must speak them!

The first part of the day was mediocre and tiring. My younger brother wanted to go to Walmart to buy Nick a birthday present. So I told him I'd take him on the way to pick up Justin Buddy from the airport. But, sadly, Justin Buddy's flight was delayed and he ended up coming in at 10:30 (more on that later). So I took Pete to Walmart, on the way we went through the carwash. I paid with a 20 and got 10 gold dollars back. I feel like an old English girl carrying around gold coins in my purse.
Then we went to Walmart, uneventful, but I think Pete enjoyed himself--he had to, I was trying to crack him up the entire time. I bought way more stuff than I should have but they were all needful things, like soap! And toothpaste! And then a large jug of bubble bath, which I felt guilty about and had Pete put back the last minute (it was just three bucks, but that's a lot to me!) Then, going out of Walmart, there's this lady selling chocolate. You had me at chocolate. Did I need chocolate? No. But, then again, I'm a woman, we always NEED chocolate. I bought three, which amounted to three bucks which was how much I would have spent on the bubble bath, a wise choice? I think so. Anyhow, between buying my brother a birthday present, and stocking up on soap, toothpaste and other such things I barely have enough money for paying my car insurance this month! (And the month is almost over, yikes!) I've still got some cash but Justin and I plan on doing some fun things involving money. But, you know what? I do not worry about it, because God is my provider and as long as I'm living for Him He will take care of me. Amen!

Then I went to get Justin at the airport. Pretty mediocre, but when we were waiting for the luggage to come around I saw a group of military men (and a woman) I went over to shake their hands, I looked them in the eyes and thanked them for their service, I almost started to get teary-eyed. They looked so pleased to be thanked--They should always be thanked, everyone should always be thankful for those people that are risking their lives for ours. ALWAYS. The last man I thanked shook my hand with both of his which was an endearing gesture, he was such a cute little military guy. I almost started crying so it was good that he was the last one to thank. I love military persons, they're doing something we all don't have the guts to do. They're protecting our lazy butts so we can sit up late at night on Facebook or writing pointless blogs. They will always be my heroes.

I am enjoying having my niece and nephew here--thoroughly!! Except when Lee throws a huge tantrum...but I'll just ignore that, I love him to death and I love Sky to death, she is such a wonderful girl. Nick shot a turkey and Sky was talking all about eating turkeys and turkey dinner and how she eats turkey all the time. Grandma fell down (don't ask me how because I really don't know) and hurt her arm. So mom and dad were putting a bandage on it and Sky had to go watch them "heal" her. It was so cute and interesting that she wanted to watch and wasn't screaming at the sight of blood.

Speaking of turkeys and blood (in nearly the same sentence, too). Nick is off hunting with Will (my brother in law) and won't be back until tomorrow night. They're hoping to catch elk. I secretly am hoping they don't. But, for the family's sake, I hope they do. I don't like elk, or deer, or anything that tastes like an animal. But they like it all. You may think I'm silly, and I'll agree. Sometimes I have a hard time eating pork or poultry even, because I think about the muscle tissues...and the fat, and the skin. And broth, ugh, broth scares me...how it's bone marrow boiled out. Oh my word, I'm going to be sick. I just can't think of those things--otherwise I would turn into a vegetarian. And I can't do that, because I love steak too much.
So I think I'll go to bed now. It's 1 am and that's TERRIBLE for me. I should be going to bed around 10:30. 11:30 at the absolute latest. Sigh. What's wrong with me. Well, nothing. I had to go get Justin Buddy from the airport. And then we went to Walmart (a second trip for me, ha). Well goodnight!

1 comment:

  1. that is sweet about the soldiers. l and s are the cutest. i miss them! broth cares you???

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Say something so I know you've been here! :)