Monday, September 19, 2011

The Stegosaurus with the Eating Disorder.

My sister and her family showed up, slightly unexpected, on Saturday. We were expecting them this next weekend. So last night my nephew was throwing a fit about something, what I will never know. But I quickly turned it around by stomping towards him and giving him a narrow look. He started to laugh, and then cry and then laugh-cry and then cry-laugh while he climbed the stairs to get away. His mood was quickly salvaged as I chased him, on hands and knees I'll have you know, into my room where he saw two old stuffed animals sitting under my bed. A giant dog and a teddy bear holding a red heart (both presents from a failed relationship, you'll never hear the story because I've erased it from my memory). I wish no ill will on the animals themselves, but I realized I'm in my 20's and I shouldn't sleep with stuffed animals anymore. So I dutifully put them under my bed where toys go to die--er I mean to be put away.

Anyways, my nephew pointed to them so I retrieved them and he loved them for five seconds. Then I got another bear out of my closet. This is a special bear, he's blue and I use him as a door stop to prop my door open when it's hot. I'm not sure why he was banished to my closet, though. Anyways, I remembered this bear to be Levi's favorite, so I bring it out and he's ecstatic. This was the beginning of the great Stuffed Animal party. Alright, it wasn't a party. We just sat on the stares and I pretended the blue bear, a green stegosaurus, a mini blue elephant and a small brown bunny were talking. Lee thought it was great, and then his sister, Sky, came along and thought it was hilarious as well. She carries around this little music bell with a little round wooden kinnex piece in it and says its her ice cream cone and the kinnex piece is her chocolate chip. It's adorable and she offered the ice cream to the stegosaurus --who has a impulsive eating disorder, I swear he ate her ice cream like twenty times! I tried to tell her that he was full but she'd squeeze him and say, "squeeze it out!" Nice.

I was marveling at how Lee was throwing such a fit over nothing and I was able to distract him from it and turn it into a night of fun! A little while after this we all sat down on the couch and watched Cinderella! I love Cinderella. Love love love! And they sat through nearly the entire thing! My favorite part in that movie is when Cindy says, "Bruno, get Bruno, get Bruno!!"
Yesterday my niece wanted cupcakes, she was talking about them and wouldn't stop! So I said, "want to make some?" And she was like "um, heck yes!" Okay she didn't say that, just a normal yes from her--but it was enthusiastic to say the least! So we made cupcakes. These are the moments I treasure, I love my niece and nephew to pieces. Playing with them on the stairs with stuffed animals, watching Cinderella and making cupcakes. Life is so sweet! 

And then, this morning, Tina, Rachelle and I started P90X. Aaah, I'm sore already. I love it, I love it!! I'll have to give more updates on that as we progress. But today was back and biceps. I think you all should know that I have like zero arm muscle. I am one of the wimpiest-armed people in the world. But I make up for it with leg strength, my sister says I kick like a kangaroo =p Anyways, I was pitiful on the push-ups, but I love the pull-ups (alright I have to use a chair, shut-up). Then you do ab ripper x! Wow, that's crazy. So the long story short: I'm super excited to be doing P90X. 

Next on the talking agenda: Our business is doing swimmingly! Praising the Lord for that! (Thank-you Lord) We have met all our goals for this year and it's not even over yet! He always provides for His children, just you all remember that. If you are going through troubles right now you need to press in, work your way through them. God is there, with you, He will never leave you nor forsake you, you have to stand in complete faith (the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen) with nothing waivering (for he that waivereth is like a wave of the sea, driven with the wind and tossed, for let not that man think he shall receive anything of the Lord). That's an exercise I've been practicing this year, walking in faith as if the thing is already done, because 1 John says that we already have the petitions we're asking for. It's already done, people! You just have to have faith that Jesus is who He says He is and that He will answer your prayers and take care of you. It may not always be in the way you expect, but He will take care of you. Rest in the Lord, have peace. 


Verses from Hebrews 11 and James 1

2 comments:

  1. such sweet moments to savor. is it annoying when people show up unexpected or is it a grand surprise? i haven't surprised you guys in a long time, mwahahahahaha. glad you guys are doing P90X. make the boys get back into it too, they were getting ripped!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like surprise guests, which is why I'm glad she told me before she got here ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Say something so I know you've been here! :)