So today marks the 21st day of my Facebookless existence!
I thought I might re-cap the past 3 weeks.
Since I've left Facebook, I...
- Went to Walmart more times than I care to remember
- Went out to dinner with a friend
- Celebrated Valentine's Day on my own
- Went to see a movie on my own
- Saw a zombie movie
- Kept the kitchen clean (mostly)
- Checked my email and blog posts more times than I care to recall
- Bought a sweater on a whim (something I never do)
- Went to the mall on a whim
- Went skating, twice
- Went LINE DANCING
- Cooked dinner
- Wrote, only a tiny bit, so that hasn't changed much..
- Applied for a summer job
- Got a new phone and phone "plan" (if you can call Straight Talk a plan)
- Filled up my gas tank more times in 3 weeks than I do in, probably, 2 - 3 months
- Posted more blog posts this month than I have in November, December and January combined
- Curled my hair--twice!
- Started buying organic groceries--again
- Started a painting (and have yet to finish it.)
- Learned a new piano song and play piano more often
What can we take away from this?
- Leaving Facebook is more expensive
- I have more human interaction
- I'm more apt to leave the house
- When time is freed up, you can quickly fill it up
- Sadly, I've only listened to 1 Bible study.
- I'm more apt to be ambitious when away from Facebook
- It seems like I'm always busy o_O
So there you have it.
All in all, I think I like this life away from Facebook, but I do miss talking to my friends on there. I've thought about joining Twitter or Tumblr or another social site but decided to stay away from those because they're just about the same as Facebook.
But, yeah, I went line dancing last night. It was so country, everyone was wearing plaid (including myself) and I actually liked it. A lot. So help me T.T
They do swing dancing there, to! Phphphph! I may be incredibly tempted to go. Though I have no partner. I've got a million brothers to dance with but it's sometimes awkward to dance with your brother--for ME anyway. Bradley said to mom that dancing with his sister hurt his chances with the ladies because they didn't know I was his sister XD
That's Bradley for you.
Anyway, I want to swing dance, it sounds so fun.
One of the guys at line dancing didn't want to dance with me so I came home and was ranting to Jacob and Jeff, "there must be something wrong with me.. he didn't want to dance."
Jacob said, "that's because guys are afraid of beautiful women."
I looked at Jeff and he nodded. I raised my eyebrows and said, "they are?"
And Jeff said, "there really IS something wrong with you!" (if you don't know that.)
It was funny, and I was actually surprised Jacob called me beautiful--in a roundabout way.
Either way, after trying the dance out with Brad (who felt sorry for me and danced anyway), I realized that was an awkward dance and I'd rather try it out with a boyfriend or a best friend XD
You should have been there.