Friday, February 8, 2013

Something Extraordinary Happened Today!

Day 5 of my freedom.

As the title says, something extraordinary happened. I'm actually still quite shocked.
I did something spontaneous! Shut up. If you knew me, you'd know why this is amazing.
My friend called me (like, one of the only ones I live around) and asked me if I wanted to go on an impromptu trip to Walmart to buy her cat some cat food because the two Walmarts closest to us didn't have the particular brand her snobbish cat likes.
O_O and I said ok.
Really. This should be your reaction:


knowyourmeme.com
Alright, I'll explain. I don't go places with only a moment's notice. UNLESS, I'm already dressed to go out and look presentable. CONTRARY to popular belief, I don't ALWAYS look fabulous. Ok, I never look fabulous. But half the time I look like an old crumb that lives in her workout clothes.
So you'd better give me notice--I'm talking at LEAST two or three hours to a day's notice. A week's notice is best. Yes, yes, I know.
Anyway. Today was such a day, wearing workout clothes, completely not looking good (my face totally broke out even!) and she calls and wants to go to Walmart. Not for any GOOD reason--to buy her cat food! AND I SAID OK!!
Again. See "Rage face" for my mental reaction to this.
My friend was shocked. And, frankly, so was I. We went to Walmart, Dutch Bro's and--brace yourselves--I agreed to go to the mall and...fftftfttttt--just walk around!!!!
This is completely unlike me. So not Andreaish behavior. I don't know what's happening to me!
Then, the day didn't even end there, I persuaded her to come over to my house for dinner! And she did! And we watched a movie even! This was a completely UNPLANNED dinner invitation and a movie night on top of that?? Really, it would make the old Andrea cry. But something happened to me that has caused me not to care! I spent just about 8 hours with my friend and it was a great time!

Not only that. But I fell in love with this hoodie. SO MUCH SO, that I'm going back to that Walmart TOMORROW to get it (tomorrow's payday of course).


No, you don't get to know what state I live in. Get outta here! But I do love my home state SO much that I want this hoodie. And that shirt, too. Which is another funny thing. I don't like state shirts. I never have. It was only when I fell in love with this place that I realized why people bought and wore them. Anyway, I love it and I'm buying it tomorrow.

So now you have an update. I think it's safe to say you can expect this strange Andrea to stick around. I like being Facebookless! Of course it's hard at times, I want to know what everyone's up to. But it's given me a new sense of freedom I've not felt since 2010, when I first signed up. Yep. I like it. That's it for now!










2 comments:

  1. I like the new Andrea! Living on the edge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know... you never know if I'm going to pop off to walmart at a moment's notice o_O

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Say something so I know you've been here! :)