Saturday, February 9, 2013

Awesome

So, one of the most embarrassing things happened to me yesterday. It involved my mom telling the cute teller at our bank that she wanted him to marry her daughter and then they proceeded to talk about me and, well, I'd actually rather not talk about the embarrassing night that followed after he asked if I liked skating and she told him she'd have to send me skating since he was going to be there.
Yeah. It was uneventful, really, and that's all that the world wide web needs to know about it.

So this morning I woke up feeling rather dismal. I turned on my iPod and listened to the Mahna Mahna song and "Little Arrows" and the Trololo song. (These are staple songs and if you haven't heard any of them, go away.)
Finally, I decided to stop sulking about my humiliation and decide to become awesome. So this is what awesome looks like:

It should also be said that I'm wearing black workout clothes (as usual), a purple shirt and the awesome hoodie I posted about the other day. So, what does Andrea do when she's had a bad night? Wake up and clothe herself in Purrrrple. I feel better now. Purple is a comforting thing to me. It's soft and constant and gentle. But can sometimes be crazy and fun.
Anyway, I had a thought, remember I was talking about the hoodie I wanted and how I love this place so much. I DO, I love this state, this area of the world. And then if you take that and times it by, like, a million kajilion, you'd get how it feels to come home to Heaven. See, that gives me the chills right there. I mean, I LOVE where I live. But, omw, thinking that Heaven is so much better, it becomes unfathomable and I get so excited thinking about it. That's a good thought, ain't it? At least if I'm going to be embarrassed I can console myself with thoughts that my night of humiliation is a tiny little happening in the scheme of things. And, yet, my Father cares ever so! Now that's another happy thought.

Enough of the happy thoughts, though. Andrea, who cares about your lonely soul, we strive towards a larger goal, our little lives don't count at all!
The larger goal being, WRITINGGGG!
After I made my bed and dressed in awesome argyle socks, I decided (as I mentioned before), to be awesome. So I'm channeling my awesome characters today, which gives me a lot of inspiration to write.
After that I'm going to do some Valentine's Day junk. Sorry, happy things Valentine's Day happy happy heart heart yay. Blah.
Let's abolish Valentine's Day--GASP, did I just say that? Wow, I never really hated this day before. Right now it just annoys me. Well, it's always annoyed me, all the stupid pressure the world puts on guys to get it right and be wonderful and all that jazz. Just let everyone be themselves. And lower your expectations, really. It's just a celebration of love. Stop making it into a freak show.
Do I sound cynical at all? Maybe we should go back to the happy thoughts:
I was hungry last night.. at 10 at night. So I just randomly drove to Walmart. I bought a mini pizza, a bag of pasta and some grape juice. And then left.
I ate the pizza last night and the pasta I just ate for lunch. And the grape juice, mm, grape juice. RED grape juice.
One song that DID cheer me up this morning was none other than Cotton Eye Joe.
Especially when paired with this awesome movie.
Keep it real.






1 comment:

I love comments! Say something so I know you've been here! :)