Sunday, February 3, 2013

A Facebookless Existence

Day 1 of my freedom.

As you see, I'm feeling crazy today so I changed the title colors to blue. It feels like I'm cheating on purple. Oh well, I'll get over it.
This new-found freedom feels more like a cage! My mind is so used to putting everything on Facebook that I have to find a new way to process my thoughts. I also miss my friends already.
For those of you who aren't in the "know", I left Facebook last night. I waste half my day on Facebook, posting funny pictures, songs I like, and random questions. Not good.
I found myself waking up today and thinking, "what shall I do??" The possibilities were endless!! I'm no longer shackled to my computer!!!
BAHAAA!!!!
Ehem.
But today is Sunday, not Saturday, so I have some form of a routine I must follow. I work on Sunday (I know, I'm a heathen.) and today happens to be SUPERBOWLSUNDAAAAYYYY.
I am not a fan of football.
But I like to watch the Super Bowl, it makes me feel like a true American. I figure watching it once a year isn't so bad.
So I have those two things lined up. But what to do with the rest of my time?
I certainly, truly, hope my friends read this blog because then I won't miss them so much. It was one of the reasons I was hesitant to leave. Alas, the need to get my rear into gear was higher than my selfish need for friendship!

What else has been happening to me? I supposed to be fair I should give you an update on here in case there are some non-Facebook friends out there reading this. 
I got a treadmill in December and have been using it, for the most part, often. Last month I came down with a wicked fever. I was shivering beyond control, considering--seriously--chopping off my hair because of how warm it made my head. I was weak, felt like fainting at one point, I was staggering all over the kitchen to get a drink of water. It was so strange. That lasted about 10 days. Which, right after, I got a strange infection in my mouth which, frankly, I'm not even going to go into details about because it would make you spit your coffee all over your computer screen. (Ok, it's not THAT bad). These things took up most of January so I wasn't using the treadmill too often. But now I'm back on track and I've lost a good 11 lbs! And can now fit into my olde jeans. Yes. This is good.

I've been writing very little but I hope to get into it more.. not sure if I WILL, but it's a hope.
In fact.. I was considering giving up altogether, I was pondering my material and wondering if I would ever be able to get anything published.
The world is so corrupt today, all they want is drivel! Whereas I don't like junk in my books. I want to provide for the public some good, clean, funny (at times), books that are safe to read but still deliver the same amount of entertainment as the mainstream books.
But the problem is, most of those publishers out there are corrupt!
Worldly ones won't want anything with Jesus in them (though, I have two books, a Star Wars and a Fantasy that doesn't have Jesus, per say, but good morals which I think are important.)
And the Christian ones, sorry to say, they are WORSE than the worldly ones! All the rules and regulations about what form of doctrine to put in and to keep out.
It's like, "We love God! Just don't talk about what He says in the Word. Keep it VAGUE."
That makes me so angry. I don't want to write books for them. If I write a book that includes Christianity, I don't want to be preachy (because, after all, you're reading a story, and for a story to be well-written it has to be delivered in such a way that the author is invisible. If you preach too much it can get to the point where you're like "ok, ok, I get it!") but I will--by golly--write about God and what would be written WILL be the truth! The publishers I've looked up don't like the truth. So I was discouraged and thinking I ought to give up. Vanity of vanities, I say! Everything is vanity!

But there's a bit of happy news, April got engaged. Wait.. no, this isn't happy. She's abandoned me for her fiancee. But that's ok, I guess, it's life and that's what happens.
<insert lost best friend look here>
This new turn of events has thrown me for a loop, it's taken me months to get used to the new April and, yet, I don't think I'll be used to it for a good three years or so. This new year, by the way, marks the 10th year that we've known each other!!!
*SMUG*
I can't believe it's been 10 years but it's so great to look back in awe and think that it's been a decade. A good, established friend, that one is. And now she's abandoning me. Ironic. <insert ironic bawling face here>

One thing I must make myself do, is finish my study. Remember, I mentioned it a while -- a great while ago. Well it kind of started out as this smallish little thing but then exploded into this extensive look into what words are and how they effect our lives. In fact, I have 11 pages of it so far, I don't think I imagined it'd be that big. But at some point I might have to make myself stop and finish it because sometimes you can just get so detailed to the point of ridiculousness.
Anyway, those are some updates for you.
OOH! My favorite part, and I almost forgot, it's nearly Valentine's day! And it brings me great joy to say that, for the first time in 10 years, I'll be on my own.
Like this song.

I leave you on that note. (I love how she sings "PRETENDDDINGG!")

10 comments:

  1. I have decided to start a running regime during the week in addition to juicing. It's time for me to get this weight loss underway for real. Hopefully by the time we next see each other we will be much smaller, lighter, and happier. P.S. Facebook is not the same without you T_T

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that song, tha movie, and I love you. Keep writing. Write what you know and love, and write for you. Keep using that treadmill. Like I've told you before, don't give up on the BFF. She'll come back around. And you'll want her there when it's YOUR turn to go through the whole crazy engagement-wedding-newlywed thing. I'm still pouting that you quit Facebook. Expect even more texts from me now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sheesh, if people keep saying Facebook isn't the same, perhaps I could be persuaded to come back. I really didn't think I'd be missed this much :p

      Delete
    2. Yes, "Come back... we'll give you a horse." :D

      Delete
  3. I love that both of your sisters commented within a minute of each other. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know that I love you, buddy, no matter what! I know we have hithertofore considered this a crime... but if publishers are going to be stupid about their stipulations, just self publish. It's really not that bad. As long as writing remains your dream keep doing it and don't let anything or anyone stand in the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, yes, love, love.


      ..Self publishing... T.T

      Delete
  5. I went to our apartment complexes gym for the first time today and guess what? They have an incline trainer! I alternated running for one minute and brisk walking for two for about 35 minutes. I feel great! And not with the kids, I will do it at night when the kids and Will are sleeping ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Say something so I know you've been here! :)