Sunday, February 17, 2013

24 oz. Granita? Yes Please.

So, the first thing you need to know, is, after typing in the awesome title above, I was so excited about its awesomeness that I published it without writing anything.
No, I didn't do that on PURPOSE. But it's funny.

So anyway, I was in my pajamas all day yesterday. And when I say all day, I mean until 6 o'clock when I threw on some running shorts to walk on the tread. (Hey, it's me.. I'm not about to run in pajamas, no matter how lazy I'm feeling.)
Friday I spent all day cleaning so it only made sense that I'd be pajama lady yesterday. Today, however, I'm attempting to be ambitious. So I sat on the phone, on hold, for a while waiting to talk to a StraightTalk representative while playing Bloon Tower Defense 4.
That relationship didn't last long, I got fed up, hung up, and went down stairs and made some chicken and rice, scarfed it down, came back up to my computer and stared at the screen trying to convince myself to write something awesome.

So I have a fairytale book, right? I told you about it, you just don't remember.
Well, I went and read what I had and--omw, I continue to surprise myself. I couldn't stop reading it! I sat through the whole thing and when I was done I was like "I want morrreee T.T"
I only hope there are other readers out there that are entertained the way I am. Because, if there are, I'm sooo in the right business. Because my books entertain me so they should entertain them, you know what I'm getting at eh? eh? So I was trying to write in that book but nothing came to me. So I went back to my Star Wars book. Nothing still.
So I took this opportunity to remember that I have 13 dollars in my checking account to last me until Friday and I ought to spend it responsibly.
And by responsibly I mean on a 24 oz. chocolate granita, 2 shots, a splash of coconut with whipped cream.
Boohyah!
Hey. It was just $4.77. Don't judge. Woooo! Now I'm all hyped! So I get my giant coffee (and I usually get a 16 oz. 1 shot drink. So this is, like, crazy.) and I drive home in my dad's crazy giant truck that we use to take garbage to the dump. And I get in the door and toss off my crocs and walk up the stairs (determined to write) holding my coffee extended in my left hand (imagine the hail hitler move but with a 24 oz in your hand) with my head down like I'm triumphant about something. I walk up the stairs like that then enter my room and sit down and write.
I can't believe it, but, the drink is gone. I don't know how long I've been sitting here, but it's gone--Gone! It's all gone! MMM... it was so silky smooth and delicious. Omw.
But the good news is, I finished that darn scene!
And by finish, I mean there's a lot of directing, like "then this happened and this and this." But at least it's written down.. Shut up.

So then, a fond memory sprouted in my brain.
We had some awesome neighbors growing up. One of them was Sherri. (Sherry? Cheri. CHERRY! No, stay focused.)
Ok, so this is a hilarious story. Me and my older sisters (old old old older sisters) were home alone and the toilet got clogged and was flooding all over the floor. XD
Rachelle was like, "Go get Sherri!"
So I run to the house next door as if it's a horrible emergency and knock on the door and say, "our toilet is overflowing!!!"
She, like the superhero neighbor that she is, put on her superhero suit and ran next door and instructed us on how to clean it up. Thanks to her, the day was saved.
She probably gets the awesomest neighbor award from me.
I remember she had a baby toward the end, before they moved, and I was at the young age where anyone who is adult seems ancient and they're not supposed to have babies. Adults who have babies are supposed to just have them already. Anyone without babies were supposed to remain that way. I just didn't get it. My cousin's bff had an older brother, he was like 20 or something. And I remember thinking that was so weird. Because kids didn't have adult brothers. My sisters were within 6 years of me so I grew up with kids for siblings. Not adults. What was this world coming to?
I think it's funny that I thought that way.
Anyway, gonna go. Just a short little laffo post for you guys to enjoy.
(and notice that each part starts with SO. I didn't even do that on purpose.)

5 comments:

  1. So there's a color me rad 5K run in portland June 6th... just saying. Perhaps you could make your way to Vancouver that week :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I'm already traveling for Bloomsday, then it's your turn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We'll see.. I applied for a summer job so that depends.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Say something so I know you've been here! :)