Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Day 3 of my freedom.

I'm going to have to ban myself from Youtube, next. I'm constantly listening to songs from Les Miserables and Love Never Dies on there, and Ramin Karimloo's CD.
So, hopefully, next pay day I can buy a few CD's, then I won't have reason to get on Youtube so much.
But, the good news, I've been writing a bit!
And working more. Life is so simple without Facebook, I'm not late to work because of it and I'm not late to bed because of it!
As I pass my computer I think, "internet, what can I check?" ... "nothing." Then walk past to go find something else to do.
Ramin Karimloo, by the way, is an amazing opera singer as well as a, I don't know what you call it, a regular singer? Either way, he plays the Phantom, he's played Enjolras, Marius, Jean Valjean, many other roles. He's got a certain sound in his voice that I just love! Very unique.
So, yeah, listening to him lately.
Here, you listen. NOW.


I also cook meals, too. Which, this used to be a normal thing, but when I got sick it wasn't. And now I am. So, yeah, getting back into that. Goodness, my brain is all bleh right now. I had tons of things I was thinking to say and now that I have the chance to say it I don't remember them!! T_T Sad face.
OMIGISH, so Valentine's day is coming up (as I stated in my last post) and I'm going to make these cute little cookies I saw on Pinterest! They're peanutbutter and you get dove heart chocolates and put them in the middle (rather than hershey's kisses). MMMMM!! Can't wait. Not sure what else I'm going to do. Probably watch Sense and Sensibility alllll by myself.
And maybe send my single sister a little secret present--MAYBE!! DON'T TELL HER I SAID I MIGHT!!!!!
She can't know.
Oh, and my niece and nephews, they gotta cash in on my generosity.
On Friday I went shopping and bought selfish things like pants and a cami and lip stain and a candle. I know.. I know! I feel so guilty.
Oh yes, and tomorrow's Wednesday, which is my favorite day in the week, because it means we're almost to Friday. Friday's me day off, you see. And pay day!

So let's talk about something serious for a minute.
....
......
I've got nothing.
It was a nice try though!
No, I don't feel like talking about my serious things. Totally puts a damper in my mood. Which I don't know what it is right now. A tired just-cooked-a-bunch-of-pork-chops mood. OOOH! That's what I'm cooking! Pork chops and oven potatoes and carrots (Rachellle, carrrots) and peasant bread!!!!
WHAT is peasant bread you ask?? It's the most delicious, simplest, yummy bread. Takes a little less than 2 hours to make and tastes like a cross between French bread and bread made in a bread machine. All this use of the word "bread" makes me want to EAT bread. Good thing I've got some cooking!!
THIS is the deliciousness. Make it, try it, eat it, repeat.
What was the last thing you baked? I want to know. Since I can't question people on Facebook you'll have to put up with me questioning people on here. 




I leave you feeling jealous over my supper. :p



WAAAAAIIITTT!!!

I found more things to say!
And since this had no views yet, I figured I'd say 'em!
Firstly. I don't think I'll ever go to Youtube again if THIS is what I see:
CREEPIEST AD EVVVARRR!! OMW, I saw that and my eyes bulged and I was like "what the heeccckkkk??"
But then it was made better by THIS.. you just have to watch the first part, where Sierra sings and then the four "Phantoms" sing.
This was my reaction as I heard each Phantom sing in turn..
#1: Hmm, he's pretty good!
#2: Aww, John is such a cute little singer..
#3: Ew, I do NOT like that Phantom at all...
#4 (Ramin): DING DING DING! We have a winner! Best Phantom ever. Really, truly, Ramin is gifted. He practically IS the angel of music. For cereal. I mean reals. And he and Sierra have such great chemistry, they're the perfect Christine and Phantom. Yep yep yep.
Is that really all I had to say? ...it seemed like there was a lot more--omw, I had a crazy dream last night where I was actually a guy and I was trying to break my wife out of a hospital because they were keeping her sick on purpose. (I think I was Finnick from Hunger Games, actually). And this lady who resembled Madam Giry from Phantom of the Opera was trying to catch up to me so I was switching elevators and going to different levels trying to lose her. It was freaky. If you've ever been silently chased by a menacing Giry you'd know what I mean.

7 comments:

  1. At work yesterday I baked scones, croissants and bread. I don't remember the last time I baked at home... unless frozen pizza counts. <_< Oh wait...wait...I baked some brownies last month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I baked a healthy version of German chocolate cake last week and chocolate chip garbanzo bean cookies today... Cake was great, the cookies? Eh, not great, but not the worst thing I've ever eaten either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate desserts made with beans. Just not how God intended beans to be used :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I was not impressed. I still want to try the black bean chocolate cake to see if that masks the flavor any better, but if not, I'll stick to almond/coconut/tapioca flours.

      Delete
  4. I've been listening to opera and showtunes constantly lately. It all started with seeing Les Mis and you getting me hooked on Phantom.

    I like Ramin siging opera better.

    Yay for cooking! I love your cooking!

    LOVE the video. Agree with your comments. The older guy with the beard creeps me out though.

    Being silently chased by a menacing Giry sounds FRIGHTENING.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think anything compares to Ramin's opera voice.. It's just perfect!
    (but I have been listening to his CD, like, back to back.. constantly.. ever since thursday..)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Say something so I know you've been here! :)