Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Vanilla Nut Coffee

I went to bed, last night, at the lovely young hour of 10:00 PM. Fell asleep at the divine hour of 10:30. Woke up around 6:30 and got out of bed at 6:45. It was lovely! I didn't want to wake up but I made myself. I saw the morning dawn light inching through the bushy pines, wishing me a good morning. I got in my running garb and went downstairs where the mesmerizing scent of vanilla nut coffee wafted up to me. My dad likes that type of coffee and, consequentially, I do too! I mentioned it and he got some more. How sweet!
Outside, on our deck swing (which I generously sanded last week *smug*), sat my mom and dad having a little morning conversation. My parents are awesome. I love them so much.

So I set out on my run. When I start down our hill I hear my parents cheering me on. I love those guys! Remember last time, when I thought I'd pause and revel and the Lord's presence? Well, the reveling came later, in the form of a lightning storm. It was super awesome. I love watching nature like that, it reminds me of the Bible verse that says, "be still, and know that I am God."
How can people sit and marvel at nature and not see the glory of God in the midst of it?
"For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:" Romans 1:20

Part-way through my run my left knee started to ache. Ugh, the persistent nagging from the worldly sayings about running and knees tagged onto my brain. Runner and jogger's knees tend to get too much strain on them and go out before "normal" peoples'. At least that's what I've heard.
I won't have any of it. I prayed for God to heal my knee as I ran. I thanked Him for the healing and quoted John 14:14, "if ye shall ask anything in My name, I will do it." Then I continued running (or jogging) in faith, repeating, "in Jesus' name." Because those are the "magic" words (so to speak) the power is in Christ's name. And your FAITH in His name and the promises that are attached to it. The Bible also says that we walk by faith and not by sight. My knee still hurt, but I wasn't going off of pain, I was going off of the promises, the petitions that we ALREADY have (1 John 5:15). Soon the pain left, and I thanked God.

Then, my other knee started to hurt, I said, "God, both knees, please heal both knees!" And walked through the pain. The other knee got better as well. Praise the Lord for His faithfulness to His promises! I quoted as far down Jude as I could, which was to the fifth verse and then tried quoting James 1, which I had once memorized with Buddy. And then I prayed in the Spirit.
I pray for God to help me through my exercising. And why not? Shouldn't be include God in all our activities?  If you're going to do something, do it right. And the right way is by including God in all you do. He wants to be a part of your life. Even the small things. I got home, walked through the door, and my mom cheered for me. Haha, she's great. It's so good to have her back home, where she belongs. She was taking care of my Grandma who had surgery, for two weeks. It wasn't an enjoyable time without her here, I'll tell you! And, they were making another pot of coffee because they thought I'd want some! How lovely and thoughtful! I love them, truly. I may be in my mid-twenties, but I still live with my parents. And why not? Why is it people feel the need to run off and escape from their family? I like staying here, being with them, enjoying their fellowship! Plus, if I were to move out I know I'd likely create for myself some terrible bachelorette habits. I think some people can be too independent and then when the time comes to be married, it's hard to transfer back into relying on and communicating with another person. I like the mellow independence I have here at home. I can make my own decisions, but still need to communicate with other people. Yep! This is the life for me.

I went upstairs and weighed myself for the first time in weeks. I haven't weighed myself before because I knew I would not be happy with the numbers. But I was feeling just a little slightly ambitious. Alright, fine, I was expecting the scale to break. But, happily, I've lost three pounds! Ah, what a load off -- no, really, it is. Though I suspect I lost more than that, maybe four or five, but we'll never know because I refused to weigh myself for the better part of this month. Better not to know than plunge yourself into a pit of remorse and depression. I am in love with those three pounds that had the courtesy to leave! Now to work off the rest! My problem is Wintertime. Yuck. But, this year, I'm determined to make Christmas cookies ONCE. I bake too many cookies at Christmastime and I'm determined to not put myself in harm's way! I shall prevail. And make more soup. Soup is not bad, it's got fluids and vitamins that fill you up quickly. Soup is our friend. And I love making soup all Winter long, having it simmer on the stove on a frosty day, come in from the snow and pour yourself a bowl of bliss. MMMM.
But no cookies.

Finally, I took a lovely morning shower, sat on my bed and brushed up on Jude and James a little (the two brothers, lol) then went downstairs where Mother was making waffles! Bliss! I got one and a nice mug of coffee and sat down, and wrote... THIS.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Say something so I know you've been here! :)