Sunday, August 28, 2011

Again with the Twitching!

So with that title you can only guess where I've been. Yes! Running!
You'd think with all that's happened this weekend I'd have other things to talk about but, no, I go straight to the important stuff. Last week I done myself proud, I ran five times and walked once! I did nothing Friday or Saturday because I had--TADA-- Motorcycle Safety class. I grew up on a quad, so I know how to shift and all that jazz. When we relocated we got some dirt bikes and so I know how to ride those. But I've never ridden in traffic so I wanted to edgimucate myself and get an endorsement, as well. You never know when being able to jump on a motorcycle and ride off, legally, will come in handy! Plus, my mom and dad have their endorsements, how could I let them down? They've also had their pilots' licenses...Well, that's next on the list, after I get some funds.

Class was alright, it involved waking up at 6:10 AM yesterday. Not ideal for a Saturday. Today we got to sleep in until 6:30! Well, I did...my brother with whom I was taking the class got to sleep in until 6:45, when I woke him up. They taught me how to turn, which I still need to work on, and I passed the tests! Boy was that a load off. In about two weeks I'll get my certificate then I can get my endorsement! YAY!

So yesterday I was super sore and dead tired so I didn't want to run. Today, however, I was aching to run.  I was talking to Buddy (Buddy with a capital letter refers to BFF. Just FYI.) and was staring out my window, and the dusk was calling to me. It said, "I offer you cool, shady roads on which to run." So I followed its beckoning, and ran. And I'm glad I did! I put an X on my calendar to mark the days I run. The ones with doubles X's are my favorite. Check marks are for walking. The good thing about going to class so early was it messed with my biological time clock, so now I'm exhausted in the night time when I should be. So, if all goes according to plan, I can go to bed in about two hours and wake up early when it's still cool, and run! I don't mind running in the mornings, just in the HEAT. Yuck, I hate heat. You know how, in my last post, I said I spit more on the road than anyone else? Well I was considering how it was probably the only thing holding the crummy thing together (you should see the state it's in). Then, I realized, what if my spit were the cause of the deterioration in the first place? Do you know how super awesome that would be? I'd have like, superpower spit! I should bottle it and sell it to someone.

Anyways, I did a lot of walking on this "run" because I had a lot on my mind, and I can't run when I'm thinking. The more in-thought I am, the slower I have to go. And then, I thought, "why not just pause in the road and soak in the presence of the Lord?" And so I convinced my legs to stop moving and, right away, I noticed three life-changing things.
1. Wow, it gets hotter when you stop moving.
2. A mosquito buzzed in my ear, it was getting late.
3. Huh, that telephone wire hangs really low, I never realized that before.
Then I continued walking. I decided reveling at God's creation can be done just as well walking as it can while one is stationary. Then I saw clouds. Oh, I love clouds! I saw an index finger, a dog laying on its back and a bunny!!
There seems like there was a ton more for me to say, but my mind just totally crashed and I find myself wanting to gel out. Which doesn't involve talking to you people. So be gone!
Hah, no, I love you! I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Say something so I know you've been here! :)