Tuesday, August 23, 2011

My whole body is twitching. Why? Because I just got back from a kick-b...u...t...t... run! Yep.
I ran Sunday night, yesterday morning, yesterday evening, took a break this morning, did a 20-minute stretch, then went for a run tonight! Aaah, I feel so fulfilled. It was hard getting back into the routine, but after sticking with it, my energy is returning and I feel like I can push myself a little further.
I set out, tonight, a little later than usual. I ended up walking in the house just before total darkness.
I love walking/running home late (not). It gives me thinking time, like, "what's that noise?" And then my imagination comes up with some lovely ideas. For instance, do you know how incredibly freaked out I would be if I witnessed a murder? It's not like any of my neighbors are the murdering type...but what if a neighbor were murdered? GASP! I know I shouldn't think about things, and I normally don't. But every now and then, especially when walking down a dusty, dirt road that looks super spooky, the thought occurs, and then I have to make up a plan on what I would do if I witnessed such a thing.

Then I heard coyotes. "Great," I think, "now I'm going to be eaten by coyotes." Then I thought up a delicious story that involved running up my hill to my house and screaming at the top of my lungs while being chased by coyotes.
Usually when I let my mind run rampant with ideas like this, I come to the conclusion that I would (as with every situation) pray. So if I were attacked and my leg were ripped open (as the story from tonight included) I would pray to be healed. Usually I come to that conclusion, but since I got home too soon, the natural flow of my thoughts were interrupted. I walked in the front door and saw that no one did their after dinner chores yet. SIGH.

By the way, I'm completely convinced that our back-country road his held together by my sweat, spit, backwash and, yes, the occasional booger. Hey! When you need to breathe and your nose is clogged, what's a girl gotta do? I'm telling you, I've got lots of manners normally, but when I'm out running I turn into a redneck/hockey player cross-breed. I bring water to keep my mouth moist so I end up spitting most of it out, otherwise I'd have a belly full of water and would be getting sick. I've spit more times on this road than anyone else, I'm willing to wager.
I also wipe my face on my sleeve, which is something I'd never do normally. The worst offense is this... You know when guys need to blow their nose but don't have a tissue because they're in the middle of nowhere? They usually put one finger to a nostril and hock out whatever might be residing in the other one! That's so gross. But, to my shame, I've done this--more than once! Tonight I went so far as to wipe my nose on my sleeve!
*glances at sleeve* Well, I'm doing laundry tonight!

I also have to give my Grandma a shower. Oi. She was a handful tonight. She kept telling me to give her some "jurrrr." She slurs her words a lot and doesn't make sense most of the time. Then she gave up on "jurr" and just said "give me a pie!" Not a piece, but a whole pie! We do not have pie... I think she saw the stacks of the old leftovers in tupperware-wanna-be's and thought they were pie.
Heaven help us if she ate any of it, who knows how old some of that stuff is! She tried trying vegetable oil once. She doesn't know what she's trying to eat, all she can think of is food and getting it, it doesn't matter if it's a canister of cleaning wipes she's holding, to her it's a pitcher of deliciousness. Grandma, Grandma, Grandma. Then she started telling me to come to my sewing machine. I don't own a sewing machine. My mom does, and it's pretty awesome, but I don't know how to use it.
I did know how to sew, once, just pillows. I made my best friend a super awesome pillow once. She used it as a cushion on her desk chair. I felt so honored! I wouldn't mind knowing how to sew, I'd like to make quilts and such, that'd be awesome! But, I don't have a sewing machine right now, and that's the important thing.
Then she started telling me to come put the pieces together. I wasn't aware I was working on a quilt in her room. Grandma used to be a quilter, so this must be why she's got sewing on the brain.

I totally bought a tuner for my cello, and a dampit and some peg drops. So I can get my cello into shape and start playing again. I will have no excuse! I want to take lessons, but those things are so darn expensive! I'll stick with youtube for now.
By the way, my cello is purple. Yes, it's awesome.
I have a violin, too, and I can't wait to play that, I was getting bearable last year, and then I stopped going to lessons. I'll have to look up a teacher and get lessons again. Though I can never tell if I'm in tune or not so I have to play staring at a tuner to be sure I'm playing in tune. Sigh, it stinks being tone-deaf. If I had the choice, I'd be an opera singer. I love opera voices! They're so awesome! I wish I could sing, period. Well, I can when I make up my mind to. I have to sing along to a song and I can train my voice to stay in key with the singer. But that takes practice and singing isn't super high up on my list.

Writing is. I'm so excited for BFF to get back from her pilgrimage in the far land, then we can start with our writing again! We're so savvy that we set up appointments to talk about our book! Our next un-official appointment is Sunday. But I just remembered that I have motorcycle-ed. So that's going to be canceled. Darn, I was so excited! Oh well, we can get together on Monday after work or something.
Anyway, besides the book Buddy and I are writing, I've got at least three more ideas in mind. A fantasy, a space series for teens, an interesting political/love story series (you'll have to wait and read it), and another story based on an old rp idea about NASA which is, sadly, over with so I'll have to change the story around a bit. I'm getting so excited about our book because we're going to try to finish it by next year, which means we can send it out to be published as soon as next year or the year after that! God willing, it will be published.
BFF is also editing her first novel, I am in love with her novel. It is...it is simply lovely. I'd have to say I'm her biggest fan. She hopes to send it out for publishing as early as the end of this year! Good job, buddy!

Anyways, I have more rambling to do, but Grandma's being super cantankerous. You know how children get super cranky before bedtime, then you have to change them and put them to bed? That's how Grandma is, she gets super cranky, and then I get her ready for bed and she calms down and goes to sleep. So I'd better go tuck her away for the night!

1 comment:

  1. you made me laugh out loud and tears fall with the grandma story! it helped that shawn, who knows her, was right here and i told him about it. it was so funny to imagine!

    your fears while running home in the dark crack me up too. because that's what the murderers do! they wait until sunset and pounce! lol. and i would be more afraid of meeting a moose than a coyote.

    i'm glad you're running again though! we need to find something that works for you when it's too snowy to run. hmmm.

    i am guilty of all of the uncouth behavior you speak of when i go hiking. i'd rather gross myself out than not be able to breathe properly!

    btw, this line cracks me up!!! 'it doesn't matter if it's a canister of cleaning wipes she's holding, to her it's a pitcher of deliciousness.' so funny!!

    i've been saying i need to get a piano teacher again for years now. what's holding me back i wonder? you are so good with music, i vote you keep at it.

    i'm so very impressed that you and BFF are such avid writers! talk of publishing? wow! so proud!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Say something so I know you've been here! :)