Monday, October 24, 2011

Emo Pants

So P90X is going pretty well. You know how I can tell? I started looking at clothes on OldNavy.com again. I stopped buying clothes because I gained weight over the winter last year. But the other day I tried on a bunch of my clothes and found I fit into some of them!
Happily, I fit in my "emo" pants!!! Black skinny pants. I bought them at The GAP for 3 dollars. Best buy ever. I still have a ways to go. But, let me tell you something, I've got biceps!!! Yeah, it's pretty awesome, I can do modified pushups like nobody's business! Or, at least, like my business.. I'm not that impressive compared to everyone else, but compared to the other me, it's super impressive. I have forearms and triceps!

Anyway, I miss my electronics fast. I don't like having so much freedom, isn't that funny? But I did get Jude memorized. Now I'm thinking of memorizing something else, probably James 2. I thought it'd be interesting to memorize James and Jude, because they're brothers. ShnaShnaShna! <- that's a weird laugh.
I love this whole diving into the Word. God's really been working on me the past year or so. Well, really, the past 5 years. It's a constant work, but I really feel like I've been pressing in lately.
I was thinking on this whole thing about memorizing the Word; It's a good was to keep it hidden in your heart, then you have the Bible in your head wherever you go. You can sit down and think on it whenever you wish without needing a physical copy right there in front of you.
Reading the Heavenly Man was an inspiration to me. Brother Yun memorized whole books, gospels even, in days and months. He was a very dedicated man--still is, as he's still living. It's a good book, you should look it up.

I love cats. I've been dying for one for as long as I can remember. Alas, too many people in my family are allergic. So I've been dreaming of the day I move out and can have a cat of my own. I've always imagined I'd have a female cat and I'd name her Jael (look her up in the Bible, she's a crazy awesome character). We did take a cat off of someone's hands to live in our garage and kill mice, but he ran off into the wilderness. We only see him every now and then when he sneaks in to eat the food we set out for him.
Lo and behold, we've noticed this awesome black cat stalking our land, on the prowl for birds and other prey. She's super awesome and reminds me of a panther. Well, it turns out she was also eating the cat food we set out! While Chong abandoned us, this cat decided to adopt us! I love her so much already. She sits on our deck and we know she wants in but, if she were to come into the house...people would most assuredly die. Or swell up to an amazing size and have trouble breathing. Anyways, I want to name her Jael, of course, but my brothers refuse to let me name her that. For now I just call her Lou-Lou which is short for Luminara, which is a Jedi name. We dragged Chong's old bed up to the deck and she liked sleeping in it. But, lo, Chong came around and saw her using his crummy old bed and they got into a fight. Stupid Chong! He didn't use the bed anyways! So I tossed his crumb bed away and me and mom made LouLou a new one, all fresh and everything. With a little roof, too, so that she would be extra warm in this colder weather. She likes it! And I like her!

It's kind of sad, BFF and I haven't really written at all. I thought this might happen if we took a break from writing, but it was necessary. We are able to digest and refresh our minds. We're slowly warming up and getting back into it. Soon, precious, soon I will write. Yes.
I was looking at my face in the mirror tonight and thought, "me? A wife?" It's hard for me to imagine. Sometimes I think I have that single person look about me and it's hard to imagine me as a wife. Sometimes I consider being single forever. Gee, I remind myself of Anne Shirley sometimes. But it would kind of be awesome. A single old woman, of thirty, writing books and stories, being a published author, living with her parents, always. Then, maybe one day, she has enough money to buy her own house and she says, "I have means of my own." Like Miss Potter. There you go, Miss Potter, Miss Austen, so many inspirations! Sometimes I wonder, are some writers single because they're writers? Or are they writers because they're single? I think some writers can't help but be single. Sometimes they can get caught up in their delicious writer world and then life outside of it is a little less than glamorous--why would they ever want to leave? Don't worry, though, I'm not that far gone. Though Miss Potter DID get married. Jane didn't, though. Writing is such a delicious art form and I do adore it so, but I remember that it's not everything. It's not the point of life. Christ Jesus is the point of life. But, "Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest." Ecclesiastes 9:10. I've found writing and I'll do it with my might for as long as the Lord blesses it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Say something so I know you've been here! :)