Wednesday, October 26, 2011

The was the Freakiest Thing I've Ever Seen...

Okay, so yesterday I went to Walmart. I had nothing else to do and I was feeling I ought to take advantage of that and go out and buy a new toothbrush! I know, talk about seizing the day. Well, it wasn't the day, it was evening. Anyways, I went to Walmart, had the best time there EVER (not really) and drove home. I was considering drastic situations and what I would do if they were to occur, such as getting slammed into by another car and the like. Usually I try not to think of things like that, so I transferred them to plot ideas for books. Then I started thinking about God as I listened to my Kutless worship album: It is Well. I love that CD. Anyways, I was praying and thinking of God and his nature, how He won't let us be ignorant of sin, He'll point it out to us. We won't have excuses. If there's anything that you don't know about, He will bring it up--especially if you make it a point to ask Him to. At this point Kutless was playing the Redeemer song, written by Keith Green. I love both versions. They are both unique. I started singing along (for I do so love this song) when I see this weird flash of light behind a car in front of me coming from the opposite way. Just like that, in a flash, this giant elk jumped out in front of me. Now, let me explain some statistics. I was going about 50 - 55 mph (as is the speed limit). The car the elk ran behind was just passing me as the elk was passing in front of me. The elk, in question, might not have been an elk, but an extremely large, pale deer. Really, it happened so quickly that I didn't take time to snap a shot to compare later. So, here I am, in a split second, nearly boxed in. My natural reflexes kicked in and swerved to the left, out of the way of the elk, my brain told my foot to stomp on the brakes as well. It was not a very good brake-stomping, and I don't remember how far I swerved to the left, I don't even remember if I went into the other lane. But it was a miracle that the car was behind me by this time. I mean, it had just passed me!! I'm so surprised I didn't hit the car or the elk for that matter. Because it wasn't going as fast as you might expect. I think it was so large she couldn't get her heaving bulk over the highway fast enough--alright that was uncalled for, but she was the one that jumped in front of a moving vehicle!! What's more is, there were cars coming from the other way, if they had been going any faster I might have hit them, as well! After all the swerving happened that's when my actual mind went, "look both ways, are there any cars!" It's so funny how my body reacted before my thoughts even did. I sat there and stared with wide eyes as my car kept going forward. I realized I'd just escaped death. Or at least a really bad accident. The elk/deer thing was so big, its body was the size and height of my windshield (like I said, heaving bulk). My arms and legs started to shake but, thankfully, I was yards away from my turn. I slowly turned in and stopped the car and stared. Then I called BFF.

I was still in shock, so I said, "I almost died." She waited. "I was driving." Still staring..
"I was driving..."
O_O
"Yes?" She asks, in suspense.
I started to laugh like a lunatic, "that's all I can say!"
So then I started to explain the incident. I didn't know if it was an elk or a deer so I said, "it was big foot!"
We laughed regardless of the situation that had just ensued. And then I started to cry. I still can't believe it happened. I mean people almost hit deer all the time. My brother ran into a deer a few years ago and my friend did as well. Two things. One: This was a huge deer, or an elk. Two: I've never had this happen before. Three (yeah, I said three things, hadn't I?): Cars were also involved.
I still can't believe it -- yet I can believe it.
This isn't the only time I've "cheated" death.
Once I was taking my brother to the beach to meet up with our cousins when, out of NOWHERE, came this freak rainstorm. It was a six-lane freeway and cars were slowing like crazy and we started to hydroplane across this jam-packed six-laner. Yeah, not ideal. I swiveled and turned the wheel and was saying, "no no no!" the entire time as I went from the far left to the EXIT of the free way without hitting a single car!
Not impressive enough?
On the way from CA to where I currently reside, we went through this insane pass in Oregon. It was February. And there was snow. People were sliding off the road left and right. We were a caravan of three, I was in my own car, Mom and Dad were driving the other two. I was in the far left, Dad was way ahead of us, and Mom was behind. There was a semi in the lane to my right and I had to put on my brakes or die. So I did. And I started to slide to the right-- straight under the semi. The wheel of the semi was flush with the back passenger seat which my brother was sitting in. I saw it then, my brother was going to get smashed, and then me, we were going to die. It was one of the most terrifying situations ever.
Praise God, the semi actually PUSHED us out of its way.
It PUSHED us out of its way!! Do you realize how incredible that is?? I am so thankful to God for protecting us that day. I was in such a fowl mood that day, I don't think I was prepared to meet Jesus. And that scared me.

We're always supposed to be prepared. We're not supposed to be asleep, we're supposed to be looking for the coming of our Lord, or--if it so happens-- be ready to meet Him if the time comes. The point here is to be ready. So are you the grumpy fowl-mooder that's driving along and being tossed under semis? Or are you the person praying and praising the Lord, singing songs to Him? I was both of those and, I've got to say, I prefer the latter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Say something so I know you've been here! :)