Saturday, October 29, 2011

Aah, Recharged

Oh my goodness, I'm so glad it's Saturday.
Saturday is when I get to be slack with my strict routine and not have to get my chores and work done before noon, and can sleep in as late as I want (as long as it doesn't pass ten..)
It was some much-needed sleep, too, I was beginning to feel like a zombie running on low.
So I slept and slept and slept until glories nine o'clock.
Here is a smile of contentment:   =)
I now have a growing appreciation for the weekend, as never before. I still work on Saturdays, though it's not required of me, but that can be done in a jiffy. Then the rest of the weekend is mine for the taking!"
It's sunny out, and not too freezing, so I'm going to go for a run today! Tina and I have slacked a little on P90X this week, we skipped two days. So this weekend we have to make-up by working out tomorrow. I don't like yoga too much (one of the two we skipped) so I don't mind running instead, when I can. I love running. I'll always love running. Even if I say I don't like it, I really do.
I'm determined to catch up, though, so as not to get lazy. I've just been so drained it seems. But not anymore! *raises fist in the air* I feel refreshed and recharged already!

I started writing another book, as a writer you should always just be writing, no matter what it is, even if you never use it, you gotta exercise those writing muscles! Since BFF and I still haven't had time to sit down and talk about what we're going to write <insert frustrated huff here> I have to occupy my time with other things.
It's so strange writing without a buddy...I have to think for myself and don't have anyone to answer to...it's.........lonely.
Not too, though. I can call the shots and make it my own. It has it's ups and it's downs. All in all writing with BFF, though difficult and sometimes frustrating, I think yields more fruit than writing on our own. One idea is great, but if you pair it with the literary genius of the other, it becomes most excellent!
When writing our own things we do read them to each other and the other gives advice so the story turns out (IE: Buddy's novel is WONDERFUL, and I like to think I helped just a tiny tiny bit with my advice *angelic smile*)
But, like I said, there's nothing quite like writing a novel with another person, especially when that other person is your BFF!

Speaking of BFF, I miss her so much <cry face here>. It's been a little over half a year since I've seen her, so that's appropriate. It's usually after 3-4 months that the little twinge of "aww, I miss Buddy" sets in. Then after 6-7 months it's this growing ache where you're like, "give me my Buddy now, or I'm going to do something drastic!" We had gone a whole year without seeing each other, once.. *shutters* I'd rather not repeat that unfortunate happenstance. Usually after the half-year to three-quarter year mark there is talk of another visit, which sprouts in us hope, which we live off of until we see each other again.
Right now there are no TRUE plans for a visit, just light talks of maybes and perhapses and I hope so's.
Though the biggest disappointment in her not coming for my birthday happened at the end of September, I've seemed to come to terms with it and accept it as it is. But there's still this sad little bunny inside my soul that sits at the base of a tree with a little tissue and sniffles out its woes while the others are getting by.

Speaking of Grandma... wait, we weren't... either way, she is sounding much like a parrot we used to have. Though this isn't the worst that she's been. There are different levels of worse for her. Falling down all the time worse; Making bodily messes in the bathroom all the time worse; Speaking unintelligibly worse.. So this, really, isn't that bad, because we can understand what she says, she just repeatedly yells, all the time. If she's not yelling she's walking around the kitchen trying to pick up potatoes and eat them. I let her have one, she walked once around the island trying to eat it, then set it back in the potato bin on the second passing. *shakes head*
She was part of the reason I was feeling like a zombie over the week, so much noise can't be healthy. Oh, sure, I'm doing fine not getting upset. But it does fry the nerves. Just imagine a broken record. Times a hundred. I've felt like I've had a constant headache which is why I need to take a vacation!
Yep, I should. But where would I go?

Now that it's nigh unto November, it's time to start thinking of more indoor activities. This means putting away my painting things. Yes, sadly, it's come to that. I can't leave them out all Winter, surely the paint will be ruined! It's time to pack it up, though I have three paintings half done. But that's good, it'll give me things to do.
Wait.................. I have five paintings half done.. But, shhh! One of them is hanging on my wall right now, because I love it so much I don't care to finish it. Haha.
The other was one BFF suggested I do last year, it had a kite in it and the kite was so lame I gave up. But I'll fix it. I've got to fix it.
Anyways, the painting will have to wait for Spring, I guess.
So I think I'll really get my mom to teach my how to sew, then I can sew all winter long! Haha. And practice instruments.

Oh my, I love Winter, I love it so much, hibernating, snow, cozy feelings, fires, coco (that I won't be drinking much of), soups, baking, having indoor projects, going out in the snow (I have to at least once a year if there's a decent amount to be had). I love love love it. And then, let's not even fail to mention...the writing. Oh yes, trapped inside with delicious weather going on out, and your mind at work, ready to spill out words that speak to the soul.
Yep, Winter's my kind of season.
As is Spring. I love Spring because it's sooo refreshing. Summer's alright, I guess. And Autumn is pretty cool, but I think I like Autumn because it heralds in Winter.
Either way, Winter is on its way. We've got snowy rain showers in the forecast for next week which means, in reality, we'll have snow in about two or three weeks. EEK!!!!!
Cozy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Say something so I know you've been here! :)