Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Limits

We should get jerseys, cuz we make a good team. But yours would be better than mine, cuz I'm out of your league.
This song is stuck in my head. I don't know why, though, because I just watched a video clip of me and April being nerds to the music of The Good, the Bad and the Ugly..
Anyway, what's up?
Nothing's up here, thanks for asking.
Ok, some things, I've been writing like a good girl, I have. And I've been slowly copying down verses into a document for my bible study I'm doing. There were about 165 verses in Proverbs.. and then I get to sort through them! Yay! But, no, this is a nice study, and I want to do it. It's just hard for me to focus on one project for long periods of time. I write a little, I study a little, I play games, I paint a little, then I come back to the computer.

So, I was thinking, my brothers never think I'm very funny so I always imagine I'm not funny at all (see what they do to me??). But one of my friends told me my face expressions when talking are hilarious. It's very dear to me to know that I can make someone laugh with my face..
I've also been complemented on how I argue. Which I've never heard of before. But I was arguing with Nick (I might have mentioned this in a previous blog) and our uncle's friend said she had to complement our way of arguing because we were being so polite and not throwing fists everywhere.
That gave me cause to feel a little dignified.
Oh yes, I got on here for a reason. I was going to talk about guys. I was just thinking how ironic it is that April and I have always wondered where all the good guys are. (Come on, where are they??). In a world that's so dark and evil, full of losers and such, it's like there's no hope! Only to find out, there are good guys out there, and they're wondering, "where are all the good girls?"
Just hilarious! Ok, not that funny.
In all honesty, I know there are lots of good, godly men out there, just because you can't see them, doesn't mean they don't exist. April and I reminded ourselves of this particular part in the Bible:
"Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life. But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal." Romans 11:3,4
Elijah thought he was the last, but God knew better. That's why it's always best to trust in the Lord and not lean on our own understanding, what we see with our physical eyes.
Not that I want you all to think I'm sitting around, brooding about the lack of guys. It was just the irony that I wanted to talk about. April wrote an article in which she made this point and it's been on my mind.

Also, another thing I was thinking. Everyone has their limit. Until they're stretched past it. And then they realize they're stronger than any limitations.
For instance, say you think you could never, ever, eat a live bug. You say, "I can squash them, I can live with them, but I will never eat them." That's your limit. But then, the time comes where you have to eat a live bug, and you do it. Why? Well either you have no choice, or you overcome your fears, one or the other.
I'm realizing that, with God, all things are possible and even though I say, "oh, I could never do that." I realize that God can work with a person and get them through things they thought they could never do.
Of course, you should know me well enough by now to know I'm talking about anything but sin. Of course when I say, "I will never do that sinful thing." I intend to keep that promise. No, no, I'm talking about non sinful things that we're too wimpy, chicken or stubborn to do. No, I'm not talking about thrill-seeking, dangerous, bone-headed acts like sky-diving. Though, I never would sky-dive, but if I had to jump out of a plane with a parachute, I know I would if my life or someone else's life depended on it. And that's what I mean! You think you have these limits, but then when you're tested you see what you're really made of and that you're far stronger than you even imagined! I like to give God that glory, because without Him, I'd probably have been stretched to my limit while taking care of Grandma. And I know mothers all over the world are stretched to their limits. And then past them. And you come out stronger than before, with more confidence, realizing you can do anything!
My grandma was a biiig limit-stretcher. And I'll always be thankful to God for all the lessons He taught me through taking care of her.
Just when you think you've had enough, an unfound strength soars to the rescue and you stand up and take it.
Sure, not everyone does this. Some people crackle and fall and give up. Don't be that person. Be the awesome one that fights past your limitations and becomes all the better because of it!

Anyway, I'm going to go run. Peace out, Jimmy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Say something so I know you've been here! :)