Tuesday, August 14, 2012

TECHNICALLY

I did something tonight that I haven't done in a long time..
I measured the vanilla when I was making cookies.
I did, I really did.
And then proceeded to dump a little extra in. Well, it was a short-lived progress. But progress nonetheless! By now you've guessed it, I hardly ever measure the vanilla.
There's only one explanation, really, that being that I love vanilla. Everything should be vanilla flavored. Okay, not really. I appreciate vanilla in cooking, but I do not appreciate it anywhere else. Body washes, soaps, lotions, candles. No thanks. I don't enjoy sugary, sweet smells. I enjoy the tastes, not the smells. Candles, soaps and lotions should be floral and/or fresh. You shouldn't feel like you're bathing in 800 calories of sugar and fat. Well, that's just my opinion.

Two songs I keep listening to:
No One Would Listen

This song is so sweet. If you've not seen Phantom of the Opera, well, I don't feel like explaining. But most of the movie you're like, "man, that guy's kind of evil." But you can't help but feel sorry for the poor guy. This song isn't in the movie, it got cut, but I think it best conveys just how he feels, and really bridges that gap between the viewer and his little wittle heart.
And, might I say, Gerard Butler does a smashing job as the Phantom. I enjoy the music in that movie a lot, but upon my recent revisiting of this wonderful movie, I realized just how seductive and sensual it is. *Single eyebrow raise* But that's the magic of tv! You don't HAVE to watch ANYthing! :D

Then, there's this wonderful song:
Ride to Death

If you haven't seen the new True Grit yet, go watch it. At least once.
Jeff Bridges is one of my favorite actors. He plays in Surf's Up, and that's one of my favorite movies. Anyway, he does a swell job and so does that girl. The best part is the ending (hey, don't read if you don't want to spoil the end!!) when she falls down a chasm and he saves her after she gets snakebit. Best part, so gripping, so moving. And this music plays at that part. And it's just.. so dramatic and spectacular. It holds your heart and pulls you along for the ride and you--aaah, I can't even describe it well enough. And I expect to be a writer? Well, back to studying the SAURUS for me. <<- see what I did there? Thesaurus? Get it? GET IT?

So, between those two songs and just finishing Catching Fire and Mockingjay (rereading them anyway), I've been swarmed with brilliance. Again, the writer of the Hunger Games series has a rare gift of putting together words, plot and emotions and capturing your attention with it and not letting go until the end. That is the sort of writing I aspire to.
Sadly, it's the type of writing that does not come naturally to me. I'm not a dramatic, gripping-type writer (at least I don't think). I'm more of a humorist, at heart. And fantastical at my greatest. I'm a story-teller, a narrator. I like to make things fun, pretend as though I'm talking to a good group of friends, entertaining them. Definitely not what you find in war-hardened romances such as the Hunger Games series. Oh well, I shall aspire to be the best Andrea writer and that shall be good enough for me!

I was watching Ice Cream: Unwrapped on the cooking channel (Cooking Channel, not Food Network), and I find myself, once again, wanting to get a job at an ice cream shop. It's really probably not as glamorous as I imagine. But there's something fun about serving ice cream. At least I think so. And if I had to work with any sort of food, ice cream would be my choice.
Or, if you want to be technical, frozen dairy products, as FroYo isn't ice cream, TECHNICALLY.

Anyway, I think that'll be all for tonight. You're lucky, I was just going to go to bed, but then I wanted to tell you all about the vanilla that I had to sit down and write this little tidbit. I wanna know, does anyone else ever notice that I *usually* color the first letter/word of my paragraph? HMM?? I do it, alll the time. Do you notice, do you? If not, then I give up!! I do all these nice things, hoping to make you notice me and give me a little credit for once, and what do I get? You ingrates. Okay, sorry, sorry! No, baby don't be like that! Baby!!
Sorry, moment of midnight insanity right there. Anyways, you know I love you guys! Until later, ciao! (which means GOODBYE in Italian.)

2 comments:

  1. I agree wholeheartedly with your vanilla philosophy. Haven't seen or read anything you speak of here. I should probably get on that!

    Oh and P.S. serving froyo is definitely not glamorous. And you end up eating a lot of it yourself. But it is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At Jamms, it's self-serve! So they get to do it themselves and I just weigh it and take their money :p Amongst other cleaning duties and such, of course.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Say something so I know you've been here! :)