Monday, April 1, 2013

Boohooerism?

SEEeewwww...

I got a job.
Well--I have a job, I got a second job--a summer job! So that I can afford to go to April's wedding.
See? This is what happens when you leave Facebook!
Today is April Fool's day so I signed onto Facebook to have a good laugh. To be honest, it's kind of lame, and really negative on there.. and boring. Run, people, run!
Though it IS good to see all my friends on there that I don't normally talk to and I miss them so much that I'm almost tempted to stay but I know I won't.
Facebook in and of itself does not appeal to me anymore and I really like life without it.

Anyway, enough preaching about Facebook. What I really came on here to say, is, Mitsubishi!
Yes, Mitsubishi. A friend of my mom's gave us her old crumb Mitsubishi Mirage. It is a 5 speed. I knew how to drive a 5 speed once... I wasn't super duper good at it..
I made my dad relearn me how to drive and ---omw... I love it. I don't ever want to drive an automatic again!
Sadly.. because I loved my car so, it's such a shiny maroonish red and it's a Grand AM which some of you might laugh at but I like it a lot. I've had it for over 5 years now and we've pretty much bonded for life. How could I even imagine getting rid of it?
However...I had to take it in to be repaired... So taking the weekend that it was being repaired and add on the week before in which I didn't drive it because it was broke, I went about a week and a half without driving and automatic and took every opportunity I possibly could to drive the Mitsubishi. I've become addicted. It's soo fun to drive a 5 speed, I can't even tell you how much.
Today, happy day, I picked up my car from the shop. $112 later...it's ok, it's not as bad as I thought it was going to be. I was so elated to have it back that I hopped in and turned it on and put my left foot to the clutch position and felt my heart sink...it's not a 5 speed!
T.T (boohooerisms)

I'm having horrible cheater thoughts about selling my car and getting a good 5 speed. But I have some concerns: Right now my car is in good condition and it's pretty reliable. It gets pretty good gas mileage, too.. well on the freeway anyway. Plus I've always liked it, a lot. It would probably make me sad to sell it.
BUUUTTT...
Kelley Blue Book marks it at a niice price that could get me a pretty decent car. (You should know my family always buys used cars from private sellers -- mostly -- that's how we roll.)
And 5 speeds are just sooooo fun to drive!
So should I be smart and keep a good car because there's nothing wrong with it and it has low miles?
Or should I sell it now that it's worth sumthin' and get a 5 speed with better gas mileage?
I've been considering getting a smallish SUV for a while so it wouldn't be a horribly hasty decision, but we'll just have to see, shall we?

Either way, I'm excited to start my new job. I know it'll be nothing like working for the family, and I'm prepared for that, prepared to be unprepared :p
You don't get to know what it is because I'm pretty sure you could pinpoint my exact location by knowing and you KNOW I like to keep you in the dark (besides half of you already know where I live and where the job is anyway).
There was something else... I wanted to say... but I just don't remember. Oh well! Too bad.
I'm going now, and that's that!

2 comments:

  1. SELLL ITTT and get a fun car! And yay for your new job adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nick's boohoo'd my selling car venture. He says "WHY??". It dooess get 32mph on the highway...

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Say something so I know you've been here! :)