Friday, April 13, 2012

To Floss One's Teeth

Is absolute bliss.
I just went a few days without flossing because I was out of floss and had to wait 'til pay day before I went to Walmart to spend it all. (I don't know why I didn't think to just borrow some from the other people of the house..)
And, let me tell you, my mouth never felt worse! Okay, maybe when I skipped brushing. But I can't believe how much of a difference flossing makes! Yay for healthy habits!
In addition to floss, I also needed some face wash. Well, I've been on this whole health kick thing lately. I still use "regular" lotions and soaps, but little by little I've been trying to cross over to all-natural. This trip to Walmart produced a natural face wash (well, 96% natural. . .hey, baby steps) called Say Yes to Carrots. It's awesome, I love it already and I've only used it once (well, actually, twice because I had to try it again after the first try because it was so cool-feeling). I also bought some plain old Ivory body wash because I couldn't find anything else that seemed tree-huggerish enough that wasn't going to break the bank. This seemed nice and simple, fragrance and dye free at least! So after my shower tonight I felt completely clean and happy about myself. Going over to naturals and organics gives you that good feeling about yourself. You know when you're tempted to do something wrong but you walk away from it and feel awesome? It's kind of like that, but not so life-threatening. (Then again, some foods can be a life and death decision, but they don't usually have an effect on your eternal salvation).

Either way, my point is, these products made me feel good. And clean! That's important, too, because I love feeling clean.
I also bought some health foods. Almond milk is so darn weird. It tastes like earth. I have to mix it with milk to drink it. Which means I need to buy organic milk because I can hardly bring myself to drink the pasteurized stuff anymore (but, still, I do! Sigh). All this stuff takes money. Which I don't have much of but that's alright, the Lord provides. I was thinking how people are like "organic eating is expensive!" But then I had the thought: Save money now and spend it on medical bills later, or use it now and be healthy. Hmmmm. . . Good point, Andrea! Yep, I know.
I've also been running three days in a row this week! Ah, it's SO good to be back to running, you have no idea.
So I say it's a pretty good start, healthy skin, healthy body, healthy mind.
I've also been listening to this guy:

Isn't he CUTE? He's married. But still, look he's got his little ironed shirt and his tie. So adorable. And he sings opera! You know, I think that will be my new dream, to marry a guy that can sing opera. Then he can just sing to me all day long and I'll be in bliss with my opera-singing-husband and my flossed teeth!
It sounds like a plan.

3 comments:

  1. Ha, I like your plan! Raw organic mile is best of all, but hard to come by. All organic milk has been pasteurized, hate to tell you. But at least it doesn't have any hormones or antibiotics in it!!! I'm so proud of your steps to a healthier life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I knew that. I so want to get raw milk but the nearest stuff is 45 minutes away and cost 14 dollars a month for 1/2 gallon a week.
    Have you SEEN what they do to non-organic cows? ....yuck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes. That is why I work where I do!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Say something so I know you've been here! :)