Thursday, December 1, 2011

When I Talk on the Phone

This happens..

Wilson called while he was on the road heading towards BFF's little part of the country. We both have the same telephone carrier so we get free phone calls and I'm afraid texting would have been hazardous while he was driving. 
Either way, this was the result. M&M art!
I think it's funny how we sometimes do things unconsciously while preoccupied with a conversation. 
Ironically, the M&Ms were a birthday gift from said person, so it was fitting I organized them while conversing with him. 
It was funny to see my parents' cautiously optimistic looks when they saw me open my gift. I had to assure them that Wilson was just a friend (as with every other guy I know, the story of my life for now :p) but it's still kind of funny to see them a little hopeful. And also a little sad, poor folks, just can't wait to get rid of me. (okay, okay, not true.) 

However, Wilson does seem to be somewhat of a kindred spirit. Remember I mentioned me and BFF losing two close friends to the Dark Side of the Force a while ago and that the Lord restores and Wilson was part of that. It's good to have another friend to laugh with and tease as if we were nerdy 15 year olds again (and that was quite a while ago for all three of us). He's caught on to all our inside jokes and he laughs at mine and BFF's jokes often which recommends his outstanding sense of humor 
All in all, I'm thankful for a new friend like him. It reminds me of the good old days of camaraderie, but this time it's the right kind which has the deep roots of truth. I'm always glad to add another brother or sister in Christ to my little circle of friends. And am always thankful for the ones I already have. 

Do you have friends with whom you can just talk and laugh and share concerns with? Are they true friends? Treasure them and thank God for them. I remember bawling my eyes out when my other two friends deleted me maliciously just because I didn't agree with homosexuality (we haven't been friends since) and so that's why I think meeting this new friend really warms my heart. Not only he, but another friend I only just started talking to two years ago and have only met twice, we've become close friends in the limited time we've known each other. These are true friends who stand on the rock of Christ along with me and will always encourage me and build me up and will not condemn me for disagreeing with worldly ways. The same encouragement I get from my other more-mentioned friends. 
True friendship is golden, never take it for granted. 

1 comment:

  1. true friends are the best gift in life, second only to family. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Say something so I know you've been here! :)