Friday, October 25, 2013

Chicken Bacon Yes Please

So, really... this love affair with posting recipes on my blog has got to stop!
HAW! Ok, just kidding.
I don't know why but I've been cooking delicious things lately. And when I'm cooking delicious things, I happen to take pictures, and then I review the pictures and HAVE to post them.

So here we are: Chicken Bacon Yes Please (pasta).
I made it up one night, I'm not even sure how or why, but it came to be, and it is. It just.. IS. Something!
Um, yeah. I didn't write down the complete recipe but, people! You know how to make a bechamel, don't you? Come on, be adventurous! I'll give you the guidelines and you can scrounge around from there!

So. Start with bacon.
And then realize that I started the last three paragraphs with "so".
Be sure to use the tiniest frying pan known to mankind. Fry as many pieces as you want! I used 8 strips, I think, half a pound.

This is why we use skillets. This is why we eat bacon. DRIPPINGS!!!!!



Now. Fry 2 chicken breasts in the-- I say IN THE grease.


Season with salt, pepper (FRESHLY CRACKED, I'll slap you!) and parsley. Add a little butter for added caloric content. I mean flavor! Extra flavor!

Boil and cook 1 box of medium-sized shells. SHELLS, no other pasta will do!



Dice the chicken, chop the bacon, ribbon some spinach and mince some artichoke hearts! (You can tell by this picture what my favorite item is. 9 in 10 Americans will say there isn't enough bacon in this picture).


Make a roux out of flour. This gets the drippings. (probably about 1/3 to 1/2 cup flour)



Add that roux to your now-empty pasta pot full of extra roux, about half a stick of butter and a small sprinkling of flour.


This is what people with tiny cast iron skillets have to do. If you have a larger skillet, just imagine your pure bliss in realizing you get to keep the roux in the same pot! I know. Someone buy me a skillet! :p


Then, once the roux is deliciously golden, add milk. You're making about four or five cups of sauce, total. If you have cream sitting around, left over from the last time you cooked, and if you didn't happen to use it all in your Summertime Spaghetti... go ahead and add a spill, it'll make you feel rich or something.

Add more pepper and parsley and awesomeness. Then stir. Oh, the awesomeness is a hefty handful of mozzarella cheese (half a cup or so) and two hearty dashes of nutmeg.


This is how much cheese you want in the sauce. Not a ton that it's pouring off the spoon.
This is also how you tell that your cheese sauce is NOT done.


This is a proper cheese sauce. And did I mention it's delicious??

Finally. Oh wait. First, add the pasta and a bit of tomato sauce that you had frozen in the freezer for such occasions as this. You just want the tomato sauce to troll the pasta, it's not REALLY there, but it's THERE.

NOW, finally!!!
Add the chicken, bacon, spinach and artichoke!!!! OOOH look at it.

Start stirring until your stirrer stops! Then add a handful of cheese. And stir again!

And this.. Is .. so delicious T.T

And then stuff your face. Five times. And make it again and eat it again.






1 comment:

I love comments! Say something so I know you've been here! :)