Sunday, July 31, 2011

Greetings

Welcome to my introductory post!

I am a stay at home sister and daughter.
What does this mean exactly? Well... do I really need to explain?
I have no outside job, I don't go to college and I don't pay rent. Best of all, I still live with my parents and half of my siblings.
I'm (so far) the oldest person to stay at home in my family and it's a record I keep with a vigor!
In my late teens I grew anxious about "starting life" when I hit my twenties I realized: This IS my life. I (usually) cook for my family since my mom and dad both work, I still do chores (yep!) and I also have to take care of my Grandma who has alzheimers. The boys (as there are only brothers living at home now, yes, I'm the last sister. Kind of like the last airbender, only I'm not bald) help with "Gma's" meals and my dad gets her up in the morning. My honorable task is seeing to her hygiene in the evening times which involves showering, diapering and tucking into bed. This, my dear friends, is the price one must pay when they get to live in such a wonderful situation of being able to paint, write, play instruments, study the Word of God and hang out with her lovely brothers 24/7!

I'm a firm believer in Jesus Christ, His sacrifice on the cross that enables us to be FREE FROM SIN. You heard me, free from it. We don't have to live in bondage to sin in this present world. (More on that later)
So that was important for you to understand if you're going to understand me and why I do what I do.
I believe that God has me here for a reason. I've tried getting outside jobs before. I would pray ahead of time and put in the applications, but to no avail. I believe this is God's doing.
Don't think me as one of those people stuck at home and giving God all the credit for my bad luck. I've recently realized I need to embrace this. And I have!
I've also done everything short of signing up for classes at college. I went there this past spring to take the compass (I got college-level reading, ooh yeah, but let's not talk about the math) and I realized I was standing in the midst of man's knowledge. I didn't like it.
While college does have its place, I didn't feel I was ready to subject myself to so much worldliness at one time. Besides that, I was just going for the sake of going. I've now decided I will not go unless I have a reason to go. Which I don't right now!

I wanted to document my paintings (which I will hopefully start to sell on Etsy.com soon) and then I realized I would like to share my preaching stories! And then, why not tell a few good Gma stories on the side? That's how this blog has morphed into The Stay at Home Sister. That's me! I stay at home, and this is what I do.
(cue dramatic exit)

2 comments:

  1. I love your life. And I love that you love your life. Welcome to bloggerdom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! And thanks for being a part of my life that I love :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Say something so I know you've been here! :)